Monday, November 17, 2008

The time has come....

Hello Everyone....

The time has come for me to step down as your (non existent) Guild Master. I will give the reigns to the very capable hands of Elvwyr, who has been doing the job unselfishly for way too long now, without the title and without the appreciation she, without a doubt, deserves.

Elv has been a great friend to me for as long as she has been a cherished member of Girls Gone Wild. For those who do not know the past of our guild, Girls Gone Wild was our original Guild that I and one other created a very long time ago. As many of you may know, running a guild can be a full time job, one with bumps in the road that not many can handle or even care to deal with. Our guild was no exception. Having been through 2 names and several co-GMs, it was Elv who ultimately kept things moving along for all of you over these last several months.

Because of the history that I have with Girls Gone Wild then later The Einherjar, this decision does not come easily for me. It has weighed heavily on my mind and in my heart for some time now. As things tend to do in life, people change, ideas change and life happens. Many positive things have come into my life recently, both in real life and in game. My final decision comes, in part, from a few of these things. My focus has changed. I am not quitting the game. I love WoW and the folks I've met there too much to walk away. Rather, I am moving on to other things in game that take up more time that I thought they would have. Hellsbabe and Luulu will retire indefinately. For months, I've followed my new path while allowing Elv to deal with the hard work of taking care of my guild. This was incredible selfish of me and unfair to her. This stops now. I'd spent many months in the early days, grinding gold and gear to stock the guild bank, all the while forging friendships with a lot of you, but none of that hard work compares to the time and passion that Elv has put forth most recently. I will walk away with nothing other than the friendships. You have all shown me kindness and understanding. I truly hope that you show Elv the same, as she will be a far better GM for you than I have been of late.

I will miss all of you greatly, but know that I am still here, still there, whenever any of you need my help or just want to chat. I created Chatterbox just for this reason. This chat channel can stay as is, any who wish to join and chat are welcome.

I bid my farewell, best wishes and good luck to all of you and your future endeavors, both in real life and in game.

Elv, thank you for your unwaivering friendship and hard work for me and for this guild as a whole. I am grateful for having met you and hope that we will continue to keep in touch. I am here for you if you need me.

All the best,

Feona (aka Hellsbabe) Mysteria, Luulu

No comments: